Friday, April 13, 2012

Not Gonna Get Me Down

My plan to change the world has met with some resistance. LOL But, that's OK, it's not going to get me down. I'm committed to the cause. I keep telling myself that it's going to get better. A good friend of mine told me that it's going to be the hardest in the beginning because this fight is going to raise the hackles of more than just a few people. I'm OK with that. You know why? Because as he said those words to me I just happened to look on my FB page and I saw a post that had a picture of the rainbow flag that had the caption of "Click "like" & "share" if you support Gay Marriage!". I thought to myself, "You know, at one time the thought of anyone supporting gay marriage was an atrocious thought. There was a time when gays and lesbians would never have held hands in public, adopted babies together and raised children in loving families."
I know the road to LEGAL gay & lesbian marriages is a long one and one that I support 100%, and I am, in NO WAY, saying that their fight is over...but I'm saying that through raising awareness about gays and lesbians acceptance has improved and laws are CHANGING!! (This is a WONDERFUL thing!)
My point is this: I simply want to raise awareness of the lack of equality when it comes to Pagan and Wiccan members of the BSA. Through awareness things CAN change. I will fight this fight until my knuckles bleed. I'm only asking for a few people to stand with me.
)0(Blessed Be)0(

No comments:

Post a Comment