Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No Child Left Behind?

I received a letter today from the Department of Education of Knox County Schools and I was informed that my son's school is failing. So, I've been doing some searching on the net and since my son's school is a "project grad" school and because of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 my son's school is NOT cutting the mustard. Tell me, what's wrong with this picture? Seriously. So I got to the schools' website and I'm looking around seeing what lil tidbits of information I can find. I came across a picture of Phil Bredesen (Governor of Tn) and he was having a meeting about the Progress Report of the school's in Tennessee. And he was smiling. Why is he smiling? Should I not feel outraged that while my son's school is failing miserably in Science and Social Studies that our Governor is fucking SMILING? MIght I add that Reading and Math really aren't THAT far behind on the road to shit. Seriously.
With this letter was also transfer forms. This gives us the option of transferring our children to schools that aren't failing. Call me nuts, but here's an idea...HOW ABOUT ALL OF OUR SCHOOLS GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND DO THEIR DAMN JOBS! Knox County Schools needs to kick it up into high gear because these grades just aren't cutting it! I realize that there are loop holes and flaws (in multitudes) and the state seems to be turning a blind eye toward this problem.
Parents, it's time to speak up and stop being silent! Our schools are failing our children and if we (as parent) allow this to happen, the WE have failed our children, too.
Jai

2 comments:

  1. Don't get me started! Seriously!!
    aaahhhhh crap you got me started!

    Here's a great question; why is it that in America a football player or Basketball player is paid annually about TEN TIMES MORE than our teachers?

    Why is it that, as taxpayers, we are still having to BUY about 75% of our child's classroom supplies, including HAND SOAP and art supplies??

    and How many times has "No Child Left Behind" failed us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some research last night (just because I'm a closet geek and I like doing resarch) and I found out that the inner city schools have failed for the last 5 years...so you would think that more funding would go to these schools for tutoring and things like that. However, schools that have low testing scores don't get the same funding as passing schools. That just doesn't make sense to me at all. The schools that need it should get it so why are the schools that DON'T need tutoring getting more funding for tutoring?

    ReplyDelete